There are three essential fats that the human body needs to consume through food or supplements, these are called Omega-3 acids:
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
- Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
Our specific strain of microalgae has a profile which makes it most suitable for EPA production compared to other algae strains.
Independent analytical services have thoroughly tested our algae flour produced at our facility and have concluded that:
- It is suitable for human consumption;
- It has the equivalent or higher EPA Omega-3 Oil content compared to other Omega-3 oil supplements (Fish and Algae);
- The percentage of EPA in the whole biomass exceeded industry standards; and
- The elemental analysis confirmed there are no heavy metals present and the biomass is a very good source of iron, magnesium and potassium.
There are multiple uses for microalgae, some of those include:
- Human Food
- Stock feed
- Animal feed and nutrition